Did you knowStuck on You” is a popular song recorded by Elvis Presley, one of the most iconic and influential figures in the history of rock and roll music. The song was released as a single in 1960 and later included on his album “Elvis Is Back!” It became a significant hit and is remembered as one of Presley’s classics. Here are some key details about the song:
- Release Date: “Stuck on You” was released as a single on March 23, 1960.
- Songwriters: The song was written by Aaron Schroeder and J. Leslie McFarland.
- Chart Performance: The song was a commercial success and reached the number one spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in the United States, where it remained for four weeks. It also performed well in various international charts.
- Musical Style: “Stuck on You” is a rock and roll song with a catchy melody and upbeat tempo, which were characteristic of many of Elvis Presley’s hits.
- Lyrics: The lyrics convey a sense of love and infatuation, with Presley singing about being “stuck” on someone he loves.
- Legacy: The song is a notable part of Elvis Presley’s catalog and is often included in compilations and retrospectives of his work. It remains a beloved and enduring classic from the early years of rock and roll.
- Cultural Impact: Elvis Presley was a cultural icon, and his songs like “Stuck on You” played a significant role in shaping the landscape of popular music in the 20th century. He is often referred to as the “King of Rock and Roll.”
You can shake an apple off an apple tree Shake-a, shake- sugar, But you’ll never shake me Uh-uh-uh No-sir-ee, uh, uh I’m gonna stick like glue, Stick because I’m Stuck on you I’m gonna run my fingers thru your long black hair Squeeze you tighter than a grizzly bear Uh-uh-uh, Yes-sir-ee, uh, uh I’m gonna stick like glue Stick, because I’m Stuck on you Hide in the kitchen, hide in the hall Ain’t gonna do you no good at all ‘Cause once I catch ya and the kissin’ starts A team o’ wild horses couldn’t tear us apart Try to take a tiger from this daddy’s side That’s how love is gonna keep us tied Uh-uh-uh Yes-sir-ee, uh, uh I’m gonna stick like glue Stick, because I’m Stuck on you