Breakin’ Up Is Hard To Do song by Neil Sedaka
About The Song
Title: Breaking Up Is Hard to Do
Artist: Neil Sedaka
Release Date: June 1962
Album: Neil Sedaka Sings His Greatest Hits (1963)
Writer: Neil Sedaka, Howard Greenfield
Genre: Pop, Doo-Wop
- The song “Breaking Up Is Hard to Do” reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in August 1962.
- Neil Sedaka’s uptempo version of the song became his signature hit.
- “Breaking Up Is Hard to Do” features a catchy and upbeat doo-wop style, characterized by its infectious melody and harmonized vocals.
- The song showcases Sedaka’s ability to combine pop sensibilities with the doo-wop sound prevalent in the early 1960s.
Songwriting and Composition:
- Written by Neil Sedaka and Howard Greenfield, the lyrics of “Breaking Up Is Hard to Do” convey the emotional struggle of ending a romantic relationship.
- The song is notable for its clever wordplay and relatable theme, capturing the universal experience of heartbreak.
- The success of “Breaking Up Is Hard to Do” marked a significant moment in Neil Sedaka’s career, establishing him as a prominent figure in the pop music scene.
- The song’s popularity has endured, becoming a classic example of early 1960s pop and doo-wop.
Usage in Media:
- The song has been featured in various films, TV shows, and commercials over the years.
- Its memorable chorus and timeless theme have made it a go-to choice for soundtracks and compilations.
- “Breaking Up Is Hard to Do” remains one of Neil Sedaka’s most well-known and enduring hits.
- The song has been covered by numerous artists, showcasing its lasting impact on the world of pop music.
In summary, “Breaking Up Is Hard to Do” by Neil Sedaka is a classic pop and doo-wop hit that captures the essence of early 1960s music. With its catchy melody, relatable lyrics, and Sedaka’s charismatic delivery, the song continues to be celebrated as a timeless piece in the history of popular music.
“Breaking Up Is Hard To Do”
🎵 Let’s sing along with the lyrics! 🎤
I can’t believe it’s true
Girl there’s just no livin’ without you
Don’t take your love away from me
Don’t you leave my heart in misery
‘Cause if you go, then I’ll be blue
Breakin’ up his hard to do
Remember when ya held me tight
And ya kissed me all through the night
Think of all that we’ve been through
And breakin’ up is hard to do
They say that breakin’ up is hard to do
Now I know, I know that it’s true
Don’t say that this is the end
Instead of breakin’ up
I wish that we were makin’ up again
I beg of you, don’t say goodbye
Can’t we give our love just one more try
Come on baby, let’s start anew
Breakin’ up is hard to do
Breakin’ up is oh, so hard to do